Friday, June 22, 2007

Online Survey Taker

Online survey taking is another thing I got myself into early on in my online adventure. I signed up with different survey outfits, having read from various websites that it is a good income generating opportunity.

I had actively participated in a handful of online surveys and most of them were unpaid projects. As compensation, my name was supposedly entered into raffles where certain cash prizes could be won. I never won any.

After some time I grew weary of waiting for surveys in my email and decided to just have my name removed from some survey sites. I don't get selected to be a participant anyway and I had started to read of many complaints from other persons who were not paid for taking part in purportedly paid surveys. Some survey sites turned out to be scams and I could attest to this:

One ordinary, boring day, I thought of googling my name out of curiosity. Lo and behold, I saw my full name online. I clicked on the url where my name was found and got into an "online survey" website. I then found out that I was a winner of $1000 in one of their monthly draws. I was pretty excited but confused as the month where I was supposedly a winner was 3 months ago at that time. It stated on the website that all winners were informed and a winner has 60 days to claim his or her prize before it is forfeited. I readily contacted the site and asked about it. After some time, I got an email stating that they made a mistake, that I was not really a winner and somebody else won the prize. Duh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have tried a lot of different money making ideas online. I tried the survey thing also where they put you in a drawing and I never won anything either. As far as I'm concerned they are scams.Do you know that all the links here in your comments are no follow? Take care...Jude

Unknown said...

Great article.

Surveys are the easiest and fastest way to start making money online.You can make up to $150 per hour.Visit my blog to find list of free survey sites.
http://www.EliteSurveys.Blogspot.com

Paid Surveys said...

The only advice I can give you is be aware and use your common sense at this point because most of them are scammed.