Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Online Researcher

Being an online researcher is not easy and at times frustrating but it can also be fun and rewarding. With a computer and a fast Internet connection, the World Wide Web is yours to explore.

My quest to be an effective researcher has led me to new knowledge about search engines, "who is" queries as well as the use of reverse IPs. I'm stingy so I make use of free online tools to help me in my online searches.

Because I was forced to think out of the box in order to get good search results, I spent time knowing more about the major search engines. Being used to simple Google searching, it was a delight for me to know about Google's advanced operators which I can use to narrow down my search results.

There are lots of online sites where you can "who is" a domain for free, but there are only a handful of sites which offer free reverse IP services. Check out Webhosting.info, Domainsdb.net and Domaintools.com. You can also do reverse IP, sort of, using MSN search engine.

No comments: