Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New Monitor

I got myself a relatively new (new to me) 17" CRT monitor from a surplus shop. I would have preferred an lcd monitor but I don't have the budget for it right now. It's more fun to view sites with a bigger screen. My kids enjoy the better the graphics in the games they are playing online.

Now, if my 15" monitor will be fixed, as well as my husband's 17" CRT monitor, there will be 2 extra monitors here at home. What are we supposed to do with the extra monitors? They are more likely to end up as dust collectors so we're planning to either sell or give them away to our church.

I'm in a sort of vacation mode right now after acting as a surrogate mother for my niece for a week. I still do some odd jobs here and there but I have more free time now to do some household chores and play Scrabble on the computer. Hopefully by next week I'll land myself a new online job. I don't want to get too lazy.

"A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest—and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man." Proverbs 6:10-11

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just get myself a Dell laptop that bought from PC fair in Malaysia recently.

Previously, I used my friend desktop...

eagerblogger said...

Good for you. We also have a Dell laptop but I prefer using the conventional keyboard in a desktop. :)

Kim said...

I have a computer linked to my 160cm TV and after viewing that it's hard to go back to a normal monitor..... :)

jeb said...

For your extra monitors, if you are in the Philippines, try joining www.tipidpc.com and sell your monitors there. I am a member of that site and the site's members there can also help you in other computer-related stuffs too. Who knows, you might be able to buy your dream LCD monitor there, just don't forget to carefully check the users. Some are good sellers and some are bad sellers or "manloloko". Good luck.